Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Happy Anniversairy, Honey!

Ok...so Ashton doesnt read my blog, but I thought I should acknowledge our anniversairy in some way. 3 years already! It has gone by so fast! We have been trying to plan something special to do this year, because we didnt do much for either of the first two (being broke students had a lot to do with it). I think we will be going to Moose Jaw to the spa for a night or two...but not this weekend. Maybe in a week or two. But oh well, better late than never, right?

Something else that I want to mention is a charity kit that I contributed to. It is called the Beautiful Heart Charity kit, and the proceeds are going towards the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, in honor of a very talented digi designer's 4 1/2 yr old son. You can read his story and see more about the kit here: http://www.freewebs.com/beautifulheartkit/index.htm (The link is to a free website and you jsut have to click on the "skip ad" at the top of the page to see the actual website). I decided to contribute because my BIL has Crohn's and I see how it affects his life every day! Although just recently, his doctor told him that it is going away! Praise the Lord!

The kit ended up being SO big that she decided to divide it up into FOUR kits! Here is a peek at just one part of it:

There is a crop this Saturday (the 19th) at Digi Shop Talk to
promo the kit....there will be activities, freebies and lots of givaways!
Anyone can attend, but only those who have purchased one of the kits can is
eligable to win. There are going to be some awesome prizes there!! I am so sad that I probably wont be able to be there, because we have a golf tournament to go to. I am hoping to be able to stop in for a few minutes before we have to leave, depending on what time everything is at. Anyway, I encourage you to check out this kit! It is for a great cause and there is TONS of stuff in each kit still!!

Ok...off to work for me!! I took a sick day yesterday, so I should probably try and get a bit extra done today.

4 comments:

Kim Sanderson said...

Happy Anniverary!!!

Heather M. said...

Awww, happy anniversary! That is so wonderful!

Love your digi kit! I seriously want to learn how to do digi. I played around a few weeks ago but ended up getting frustrated! Maybe I'll try again one day! I have a great appreciation for those of you who make it look so easy and so good!

Amy said...

happy belated anniversary! 3 years is a great one! sounds like you have a nice romantic night away planned!! I LOVE your digi kit!! soo soo sooooo cool! will definitely have to check that out!

Heather said...

Belated anniversary. Hope you can get in that weekend soon. I have two people I know with Crohns what an awesome cause.