Friday, September 21, 2007

4 months

Well this post is REALLY late, but better late than never, right? I doubt if anyone is waiting on pins and needles for me to post, anyway. In any case, here are a couple of photos from our 4 month shoot:



I used a couple of Photoshop actions from Pixel Gypsy Designs to get the cool effects on the pictures. She is a digital scrapbook designer and I just got accepted onto her creative team and I LOVE her stuff!! And now I have another excuse to scrapbook - as if I needed one! :)

This list is going to be hard and probably short, but I will try and remember a few things about Taryn at 4 months:
  • weighs about 16lbs and is about 25.5" long/tall
  • is still sleeping like an angel!
  • wearing size 2 diapers, but only until the bag is finished
  • loves her jolly jumper
  • her favorite toys are her stuffed lion (from Amanda W) and her crinkle book
  • she has started rolling both ways now, but is still content to just lay on her back
  • she doesnt like it when she is left alone in a room by herself for more than a couple minutes ( I am sure this is normal)
  • she likes to watch the tv
  • she is good at grabbing things (hair, glasses, toys) and putting everything in her mouth
  • she has started to suck her thumb (SO CUTE!)
  • has played shy a few times but not usually for too long
The first couple weeks of September were busy, with visiting Ashton's brother and his family before they head back to Brazil for missions. I have been working on a website for them for the new camp they are starting up out there. It should be up in the next few days if you want to check it out: Quest Brazil.

Other than that, not too much exciting happening here. We are working to get our yard into some sort of shape for the spring - moving some grass where there were rocks before, cleaning up some trees, and making space for a garden. It is hard work but I am excited for next year when we can eat fresh veggies without stealing them from our parents, and Taryn will be running around in the yard on the (hopefully) nice grass!

What's that? You want to see more pictures? Well...ok!

Here is Auntie Ricki and Taryn on the tree swing at grandpa B's:


And here is our first family photo (yes it took us 4 MONTHS to take a family photo - and it is not even a good one!!)

6 comments:

Gwen said...

Hey, did you purposely pose her four fingers in that first shot or was that happenstance? Whatever it was, that is the cutest picture of her! Love it!

I'm glad you finally got a family shot!

Bobbi-Lynn said...

Aw she is so sweet!! Great family picture, it's about time! I can't believe she is 4 mths already.

Heather M. said...

YAY! An update! ;)
Can't believe she's that old already! And she's so CUTE! Awesome update!

Anonymous said...

Ahh finally an update, I've been waiting on pins and needles to see this little cutie! Missed ya at the race this weekend but next year you're coming for sure!

Katrina said...

She's gorgeous, melissa! Oh, it almost makes me want to have another one!....I said "almost"!

MonaS! said...

She is so big and beautiful - can't believe that she's 4 months old. Sooooo sweet!